niedziela, 11 stycznia 2015

basic english mail part 2


Negotiaiting a project

Asking for information
What are your usual charges (fees/rates) for ....?
Can you give me some more information about …?

Requests
Do you think you could …?
Would you be able to …?

Emphasising a main point
My main concern at this stage is …
The main thing for me is …

Asking for a suggestion
How do you think we should deal with this?
What do you think is the best way forward?

Making a suggestion
Why don’t you … ?
What about if we …?

Negotiating: being firm
I understand what you’re saying about … (but …)
I can see what you’re saying, but …

Negotiating: being flexible
We would be prepared to  … (if …)
I am wiling no … (if …)

Negotiating: agreeing
Okay, I’m happy with that for now.
That’s fine.

Next steps
I’ll be in touch again soon with more details.
Let’s talk next week and see how things are going.

Closing
I look forward to working with you – Liczę na współpracę z Tobą
I’m sorry that we couldn’t use your services this time, but I hope there will be another opportunity.


Charge – opłata
Fee – opłata, honorarium
Rate – stawka; oceniać
Concern – dotyczyć
Stage – etap, stadium
Deal – transakcja, sprawa, interes
Firm – mocno
Prepare – przygotować
Willing – chętny, skłonny, gotowy



Checking understanding

Technical problems
Did you get my last message sent on ...?
Sorry, you forgot to attach the file. Can you send it again?
I got your email, but I can’t open the attachment.
Did you mean to send this? I don’t want to open it in case it’s got a virus.

Asking for clarification
I’m not sure what you mean by …? Could you clarify?
Which … do you mean?
I don’t understand this point. Can you explain in a little more detail?
Are you sure about that?

Giving clarification
Sorry, what I meant was …, not …
I though …, but I may be wrong.
I’ll check and get back to you.
The correct information is given below. Please amend your records accordingly.
Sorry, forget my last email. You’re right.

Close
I hope this clarifies the situation.
Get back to me if there’s anything else.



Amend – zmiany, wnieść poprawki
Records – dokumentacja
Accordingly - odpowiednio

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz