poniedziałek, 15 września 2014

OPENING AND CLOSING





Beginnings
Endings


I am writing with regard to your recent email. We regret to inform you that there are no double rooms available for the nights you require
 Should you need any further information about room availability, we will be happy to assist you 
An email giving information. Formal style

Thanks so much for the wonderful present. It's exactly the book that I wanted - how did you know? I'm really looking forward to reading it. 
Thanks again for the gift, and give my regards to your family
An email of thanks. Neutral style
Patricia, I've just read your email. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened.


You know you can count on me if you need any support. I'll call you at the weekend to see how things are
An email of sympathy. Informal style


Sorry, I can't make it to your birthday party at Fishers restaurant, as I'm away on that day


Anyway, sorry again that I can't come, but have a great time. I hope we can meet up soon. What about going to see that new Spielberg film?

An email refusing an invitation - Informal style

I am mailing this via the 'Contact Us' link on your website. I'd like to know a few more details about the anti-virus software that's listed on the site
I look forward to receiving this information as soon as possible
An email asking for information. Neutral style


I am writing with reference to our order number GH67. The goods arrived this morning, but you only sent 200 pieces instead of the 300 that we ordered. 

Please deal with this matter urgently. I expect a reply from you by tomorrow morning at the latest
An email of complaint. Formal style
Yes! Great! I'd love to come to the party.


Anyway, thanks again for inviting me, and I'm really forward to it. Do you want me to bring anything?
An email accepting an invitation. Informal style


I've just heard from Antonio about the Paris contract. It's fantastic news- you worked really hard on this and you deserve the success

It really is great news, and I'm sure that it's only the beginning of our work in the French market.
An email of congratulations. Neutral style

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz