środa, 8 kwietnia 2015

Woman Gets Lost and asks this man to help her. His response is genius.

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost so she reduced altitude and spotted a man below.

She descended a bit more and shouts: "Excuse me, can you help me, I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be and Engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am, how did you know" replied the man?

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you have told me is probably technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information and the fact is, I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip by your talk."

The man below responded, "You must be in Management."

"I am, but how did you know" replied the balloonist?

"Well", said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems."

"In fact you are in exactly the same position you wee in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my friggin' fault."

balloon - balon
altitude - wysokość (względem czegoś; szczególnie wysokość nad poziomem morza)
spotted - w kropki, w groszki (np. sukienka)
spot - miejsce (np. w którym spędzamy czas); plama (powierzchnia o innym kolorze, np. na skórze)
descend - schodzić (np. ze schodów), zstępować (np. z nieba), obniżać (np. lot)
hover - unosić się, wisieć w powietrzu; wahać się
approximately  (skrót approx) - około, w przybliżeniu
above - nad, powyżej, u góry, wysoko
latitude - szczerokość geograficzna
frankly - szczerze, bez ogródek; otwarcie, bezpośrednio
rise - wzrastać (np. cena); wzbierać, wznosić się (np. w powietrze)
rise to sth - odnieść się do czegoś, odpowiedzieć na coś
due - to, co się komuś należy; płatny; należny, przysługujący komuś
quantity (skrót gty.) - ilość (czegoś, co może być policzone bądź zmierzone); masa, obfitość
make a promise- obiecywać, składać obietnicę
beneath - pod, poniżej; pod spodem (np. pod kołdrą)
fault - wina; wada, usterka

źródło: http://fb-troublemakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/a_1327_20150216143316.jpg

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz